Friday, July 07, 2006

Amritsar - Delhi (26th June 2006)

26th June 2006
Start Trip Meter: 3048.0 km
End Trip Meter: 3720.2 km
Route: Amritsar-Jalandhar-Ludhiyana-Delhi
Stay & Cost: At my home in Bangalore :)


I wake up at 5 AM, cleanup, and go to the golden temple. There is a huge crowd waiting to see the Granth Sahib. There is a lake in middle of a quadrilateral. And the temple in middle of the pool.

A bridge takes you from the rectangular corridor into the temple. In the temple, you will find the high priest reciting verses.

And they will end it with "Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh". It means "Khalsa belongs to God and to God alone belongs the Victory". I get the darshan of the holygranth sahib. Pretty happy, I go to retrieve my saddle bags, shoes and the Wildcraft waist bag.





At 08:00 hours, I Mount the bike and from here I do a dash to Delhi. The normal speed I was doing is 100-105 kph… The roads were amazingly smooth and the bike was drinking gasoline. I enter the crowded delhi, at 17:00 hrs, reach Gurgaon at 18:00 hrs, leave my bike in the truck transport shop.

I made sure that I reached Gurgaon with bare minimum fuel as it would anyways evaporate in the heated transport truck. Gurgaon to Delhi in a commercial vehicle could prove costly due to the toll gate. I take a auto-rickshaw for 5 Indian Rupees to the border. And from there take a Auto-Rikshaw for a price of 70 Indian Rupees to the Domestic Airport.

At the Kingfisher counter, I show the Ticket I won at an IndiaTimes Auction and I have to pay the difference, IN CASH! (Kingfisher wont take credit cards lol).

I reach Bangalore at night and take a prepaid taxi from Airport to my home in Vijaynagar for Rupees 360. As I reach, Win-E boy (My Dalmatian) detects his master has arrived and is extremely happy to see me.

My wife expecting me on the 30th was pleasantly surprised to see me! This marks my end of the journey to laddakh, the valley and the golden temple!


Hope you had fun reading this blog as much as i had writting it

-Adarsh

12 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its amazing to see you do this alone. Didnt you panic when your bike broke down?


Please here my heartiest congratulations!


-Ajay

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Rocky said...

very nice blog, very inspiring

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Adarsh said...

Thanks Ajay, I did not panic.. Instead i said "Oh Shucks.." and started working on the tyre like mad.

I was badly frozen that time and working like mad kept me warm!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Adarsh said...

Rocky-Ji Namaste,

Nice to see your comment! And very nice to see Pallavi and you in yesterdays ride !

Bests,

Adarsh

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Adi,

Really nice pictures and the way the you narrated your dream ride.... you really made my afternoon..... It is very very difficult to have definite plan in mountains... so we couldn't meet up.. you know I got stuck up in heavy snow on top of Lachulung La and rescue team had to save me.... there were moment when I really seen "YAMA" staring at me.. :-) One must have guts like you to face them all alone :-)

Keep riding and ride safe

Adios
Saji

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Adarsh said...

You know Saji, i was waiting at leh for you to return from pangong tso!

I wish we had met. Every time i miss you, its just by a day!

Leh -- you were at pangong
Kargil - you were at srinagar


I must say you did good too! I am sorry about your Lachulung la horror show.... i was 4 days behind you and i didnt have to go thru natures wrath... Things were managable for me :)


Nice buddy! Very nice indeed... Could you please send me the link to your blog and pics ?

-adarsh

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Panduram Ganpathrao Dhule said...

Great job done. Inspiring!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Adarsh said...

Thanks Girish,

Interestingly, i guess we have met at kokrebellur. I left back to bangalore while you went to masinagudi.

Wishing you the best for your solo ride.

-adk

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Hey Bikini,
Me and my office friends went thru you blog word by word and in end almost everyone asked me to send them the link since its has amazing pics and well written....kudos to you....and personally I have already started dreaming of this trip next summer..
c ya,
Rajesh(not rakesh)

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Rajesh said...

Hey Bikini,
Me and my office friends went thru you blog word by word and in end almost everyone asked me to send them the link since its has amazing pics and well written....kudos to you....and personally I have already started dreaming of this trip next summer..
c ya,
Rajesh(not rakesh)

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Adarsh said...

Hey Rajesh,

Thanks for dropping by smarty pants.

Great to know you loved this! I was just too spontaneous with this blog.

I loved your madhugiri snaps.

Bests!

Adarsh

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Kam said...

Kudos to you mann! What a ride!

I loved the way you have put it down and the snaps were lovely.

Ossum!

Ride On bro!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


create a site